Exceptional Space for Social Gatherings and Events
Let an Innkeeper at Southmoreland on the Plaza assist you with your Kansas City event planning. Whether you are organizing a birthday party, anniversary celebration, retirement gathering, bridal luncheon, baby shower or a family or class reunion, the venue at Southmoreland on the Plaza offers a unique departure from the mundane.
Southmoreland on the Plaza is an excellent choice to accommodate small groups for social gatherings.
- Maximum of up to 24 guests
- Held in our enclosed verandah, dining room and courtyard deck (weather permitting).
- Events on Mondays – Fridays may be scheduled from early morning hours through approximately 5:00 pm.
- Gatherings scheduled for a Saturday or a Sunday can begin as early as 12:00 pm and must be completed by 4:00 pm.
- Half day rentals (4 hours or less) are $200 plus tax. Yes, we do luncheons, and since we are not a restaurant, use of the facility for brief luncheons also requires the facility fee
- Full day rentals (any time over 4 hours, 8 hours maximum) are $300 plus tax.
- All food and beverage is to be provided by Southmoreland on the Plaza. Outside catering and provisions are prohibited. There are two exceptions: specialty cakes and alcoholic beverages. Both require service fees.
Since we are located in the Country Club Plaza – Midtown district of Kansas City, Missouri you may want to extend your celebration. Treat the honoree to a day at the spa, a shopping spree, a local event or one of KC’s varied attractions, or a Southmoreland gift certificate, perfect for an overnight stay.
Please contact the Innkeepers for details and availability.